With the last post we started the discussion on how to improve your mindset, and we established that becoming aware of your mindset and ensuring that you work towards a positive internal dialogue is crucial
Realistically though, mindsets are not set in stone, just like everything else in life, there is always room for improvement. Here are a few tools that you could add to your toolbox, you can decide if you want to bring them out daily, or when your mindset needs a little fine-tuning.
1. Develop an intentional morning routine. Our mornings lay the foundation for the rest of our day, make them count! Try writing down your intentions for the day, try a quick meditation, or take a moment to enjoy a nice cup of coffee!
2. Determine your goals and priorities. Take time to identify what it is that you are working towards. This will help establish what needs to be done and inspire you to check them off your list.
3. Journal and/or create a list of things you are grateful for. Journaling is a powerful tool that can help provide insight into your emotions, ultimately helping you to process and perhaps approach things with new insight. Similar to journaling, when we become aware of all those things that we are grateful for, we tend to shift our perspective and alter how we see a specific situation.
4. Spend time outside getting fresh air. Our mind and our body need fresh air! Take time to sit outside, go for a walk, or give yourself a moment to simply breathe in the fresh air, it will do wonders for you both physically and mentally.
5. Surround yourself with like-minded individuals. When you are around like-minded individuals, you tend to match their energy. Surround yourself with individuals that you find inspiring. Follow their social media, listen to podcasts, and read their content.
Remember, a positive mindset doesn’t happen overnight; as we have established, it is not set in stone. However, how you decide to show up for yourself every day directly affects your mindset. Choose to be the best version of you!